Electrocute your enemies with bolts of lightning! Cast this spell at the enemy village to damage buildings and units inside a small area.
- The Lightning Spell is the first spell unlocked from the Spell Factory, and is automatically unlocked once the Spell Factory has finished construction.
- When this spell is used, a number of lightning bolts drop from the sky, damaging all Buildings and enemy Troops randomly within a circle 7 tiles wide. The only spot that receives the full damage of the spell is the one-tile area onto which it was targeted.
- One useful strategy is to use one's entire grip of Lightning Spells on the enemy village's Dark Elixir Storage to easily steal Dark Elixir. This is extremely expensive, though, and is generally only worth it against mid-high level storages which appear at least half full.
- Lightning Spells are often used to take out an enemy's strong defenses, such as Mortars, Wizard Towers, and Air Defenses. Two Lightning Spells are usually enough to destroy a Mortar or Wizard Tower, unless the target is much higher level than the Lightning Spell. Air Defenses almost always require at least three Lightning Spells.
- Another major use for Lightning Spells is to take out enemy Clan Castle Troops. When they are bunched up, a single spell can completely destroy an entire group of Tier 1 troops with ease.
- If you need to destroy just one more building to reach 50% destruction, a single Lightning Spell can be used to destroy a Builder's Hut, the Barbarian King or Archer Queen Altar, a Barracks (if its level is not higher than your Lightning Spell) or an Army Camp.
- A good Trophy-hunting strategy is to use Lightning Spells to take out an Air Defense and then deploy Dragons. It takes no less than 3 Lightning Spells to take out an Air Defense of any level, and higher level air defenses require higher level Lightning Spells to take them down. Jorge Yao stated in his interview that he used this tactic to help him reach number one on the top players' list.
- Lightning Spells can also be used as pseudo-Wall Breakers if necessary. Often your troops will have partially damaged a wall during a raid before being wiped out by the defenses. As a result, other troops may be targeting buildings other than the ones you intended, because a path wasn't opened for them. If the wall is lower level or sufficiently damaged, you may be able to use one or more Lightning Spells to finish off the wall and open the path. Beware, however, that higher level walls have a great deal of hitpoints, and may require several Lightning Spells (or have too much health entirely).
- Dropping a pair of lightning spells directly between two Defensive Buildings (e.g. a Wizard Tower and a Mortar) which have been placed adjacent to one-another can actually destroy both structures if the Lightning Spells are of sufficient level.
- Normally two lightning spells can take out a mortar or a wizard tower, depending on the levels. This strategy can be used so attacks with high quantities of weak troops won't get completely wiped out with one or two shots of a mortar or wizard tower.
|Radius||Random Radius||Number of Strikes||Time Between Strikes||Time to Create||Spell Factory Level Required|
|2 tiles||3.5 tiles||6||0.4s||30m||1|
|Level||Total Damage||Damage per Strike||Cost||Upgrade Cost||Upgrade Time||Laboratory Level Required|