The might of the dragons are known throughout the land. This scaly terror of the skies feels no mercy and nothing will escape the fiery splashes of his breath.
- Damage per Second: 140
- Damage per Attack: 210
- Hitpoints: 1,900
- Training Cost: 25,000
- Research Cost: N/A
- Laboratory Level Required: N/A
- Research Time: N/A
- Damage per Second: 160
- Damage per Attack: 240
- Hitpoints: 2,100
- Training Cost: 30,000
- Research Cost: 2,000,000
- Laboratory Level Required: 5
- Research Time: 7 days
- Damage per Second: 180
- Damage per Attack: 270
- Hitpoints: 2,300
- Training Cost: 36,000
- Research Cost: 3,000,000
- Laboratory Level Required: 6
- Research Time: 10 days
- Damage per Second: 200
- Damage per Attack: 300
- Hitpoints: 2,500
- Training Cost: 37,000
- Research Cost: 7,000,000
- Laboratory Level Required: 7
- Research Time: 14 days
- Damage per Second: 220
- Hitpoints: 2,700
- Training Cost: 42,000
- Research Cost: 8,000,000
- Laboratory Level Required: 8
- Research Time: 14 days
- The Dragon is a fearsome flying unit and is capable of attacking both ground and air units. Unlike the Balloon, the Dragon has both ranged and splash damage, like the Wizard.
- Also unlike the Balloon the Dragon does not target a specific Building to attack; he targets whatever is nearest.
- A Dragon does short-range splash damage when he attacks. This can only be noticed when used against Clan Castle Troops and Walls.
- Most Dragon strategies involve taking out as many Air Defenses as possible with other units (infantry, Giants, etc.) or Lightning Spells, as it is a significant weakness to this powerful unit.
- A good strategy involves a mix of Dragons and Balloons. Dragons can suck up fire from Air Defenses and Wizard Towers while Balloons go straight for the Defensive Buildings, though this is a very costly strategy.
- Dragons are mostly used to get Trophies as their high cost doesn't make them great candidates for resource raiding.
- Dragons are ultimately useful for Clan Wars. It's efficient to accompany them with Rage Spell, as they will be very effective to get 3 star in single raid.
- Dragons are one of the most powerful Troops in the game, and as such it can be difficult to defend against them. Multiple high-level Air Defenses are critical for success against Dragons; make sure that your Air Defenses are behind your primary line of defense so that they cannot be taken out early in the battle.
- Dragons are wonderful Clan Castle Troops. As a flying unit, the Dragon is completely immune to attacks from most ground troops, and his splash damage capability makes it especially suited for destroying groups of Barbarians and Goblins. His high health also helps him survive attacks from even multiple Archers or Wizards (although a large group of either will usually be enough to destroy the Dragon).
- Level 1 Dragons have green-colored skin and black eyes.
- At level 2, the Dragon's skin turns from green to purple, matching his image in the Barracks. His eyes also turn the color of elixir.
- At level 3, the Dragon's skin changes again to dark grayish-brown.
- At level 4, the Dragon's skin turns a deep red; as part of the update announcement, Supercell referred to the new "ancient red dragon." His eyes also start flaming.
|Preferred Target||Attack Type||Housing Space||Training Time||Movement Speed||Attack Speed||Barracks Level Required||Range|
|None||Area Splash 0.3 Tile Radius (Ground and Air)||20||30m||16||1.5s||9||3 tiles|
|Level||Damage per Second||Damage per Attack||Hitpoints||Training Cost||Research Cost||Laboratory Level Required||Research Time|